What You’ll Learn
- There’s a lot of differing opinions on how to treat (or even diagnosis) Lyme disease. This article will explore three difference approaches.
- The most common approach to treating Lyme disease with antibiotics. Here are some of the drawbacks to this approach. » Jump To This
- Many patients who do not see improvement after a conventional approach move along to an alternative approach. Here’s what that may look like as well as what limitations one may run into. » Jump To This
- Finally, yet another approach is more of an advanced integrative one. In this approach, the goal is the elimination of all causes of dysfunctions, not just the main culprits of Borrelia and co-infections. » Jump To This
- Here’s a video of one patient’s experience with this new approach to Lyme. » Jump To This
Lyme disease has become a major health issue in the 21st century. Despite a very short existence (recognized as a “new disease” in 1975 in the small New England town of Lyme, Connecticut) it is estimated that Lyme disease organisms may be a major contributing factor in a great number of chronically ill people. The causative organism (a spiral shaped bacteria named Borrelia burgdorferi from its discoverer Dr. William Burgdorfer, 1982) is in this same category of organisms as syphilis and it behaves in a similar pattern as a great impersonator, mimicking many other diseases. Additionally, lack of specific FDA approved testing, as well as the presence of many associated pathogenic organisms such as viruses, other bacteria, fungus and parasites, makes diagnosis and treatment extremely difficult.
- Diagnosis: Lyme disease needs to be established on the basis of positive lab tests. Most tests are not reliable and in many cases result in false-positives or false-negatives. Therefore, a true Lyme disease diagnosis can be missed and treatment delayed or incorrect. Most orthodox physicians also require a proof of diagnosis prior to any treatment.
- Misdiagnosis: Lyme disease is a great imitator. The bacteria mimics symptoms of other diseases including: chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, depression/anxiety, cardiovascular diseases, neurological conditions (ALS, MS, Alzheimer’s, arthritic disorders, auto-immune conditions, etc.). Misdiagnosis of Lyme disease is a common problem in conventional medicine.
- Treatment: When diagnosis is established, the only treatment available to conventional doctors is antibiotic therapy. This disregards the other aspects of the disease, which we know to be multisystemic and multifactorial. Prolonged antibiotic treatment profoundly contributes to high tissue toxicity, immune system imbalance, energetic dysfunction, and leads to organs and system disorders.
- Similar approach to conventional: Diagnosis needed, and antibiotics are often prescribed as a general protocol to attempt to rid the body of Borrelia.
- Addition of diet / nutritional therapy: In an attempt to improve the patients state of health, general recommendations of diet and nutritional therapy may be administered along with antibiotics.
- Herbal support: Many practitioners add herbal supplements that have antimicrobial properties. These are often generalized additions for support.
- Symptom specific treatment: e.g. Joint inflammation = anti-inflammatory drugs. Management of related symptoms.
While a definite improvement over a conventional approach, the major downfalls of diagnosis and treatment persist, and success rates may slightly increase, but there remains great room for improvement.
The main goal of this paradigm is to find and eliminate all causes of dysfunctions on all levels: biochemical and physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual – allowing the body to restore its natural, inherited healing ability and reestablish balance and harmony, which we know as complete health.
A New Integrative Approach
A new paradigm of 21st century biological medicine considers each person as a unique individual with incredible healing abilities. The main goal of this paradigm is to find and eliminate all causes of dysfunctions on all levels: biochemical and physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual – allowing the body to restore its natural, inherited healing ability and reestablish balance and harmony, which we know as complete health.
- Identify underlying causes: Accurately determine all causative body dysfunctions on all level of human being: physical, emotional, mental.
How? An advanced medical evaluation system called Bioresonance Analysis of Health (B.A.H.). Similar to applied kinesiology, the system is more structured and allows for more efficient identification of all root causes and underlying issues.
- Establish priority of treatment: In most cases this requires 3-4 weeks of 1st stage of treatment including: advanced oral and intravenous methods of detox and drainage, improvement of tissue oxygenation, restoration of proper body environment, 1st stage of anti-pathogenic therapies – all personalized to the patient.
How? Utilizing specialized, high quality European Biological Medicines, herbal supplement, homeopathic remedies, spagyric medicines, pleomorphic remedies, and nutritional supplements.
- Correction of energy balance: This may be vital in many cases where an underlying energetic imbalance is present and contributing to Lyme related symptoms.
How? ACMOS Energy Balancing Methods
- Personalized pathogen-related treatment: May last 3-4 weeks and consist of aggressive anti-pathogenic treatments, continuous detoxification & drainage, nutritional support, and emotional support – all based on personalized protocols.
- Any final additional therapies: If residual problems are present – for example, dental issues, heavy metal toxicity, ongoing emotional/mental conflict, etc. – the additional therapy is identified through advanced evaluation and prescribed in a tailored manner through advanced evaluation systems like B.A.H. Treatment is extremely comprehensive, and requires full patient compliance.
Through this new approach to Lyme (and other multi-systemic conditions), we are now able to push the boundaries of the success rate with patients and completely eradicate all contributing Lyme associated factors and related symptoms.
The Patient’s Experience
Through an advanced and personalized integrative approach, patients have experienced vast improvements, with eradication of all causative agents and complete elimination of symptoms. Here’s a patient’s story, as told during a TEDx talk:
Innovative Medicine is about restoring your body and mind’s power to heal itself. Learn how to tap into your unique healing potential by signing up for our newsletter.