Botanical medicine has a rich and long history in several cultures as a powerful therapeutic modality. Recent trends and progress in the field of botanical medicine makes it one of the most popular and rapidly growing of all complementary therapies today.
According to Dr. Andrew Weil, MD (founder, professor, and director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona), botanical medicine serves a very important role in integrative medicine:
“Botany and medicine have been the closest of friends and the most distant of strangers. Two hundred years ago, anyone wishing.to be a physician had to study botany, because most medical prescriptions were made from plants. Today it is unheard of for premedical students to major in botany, and interactions between the two fields are minimal. Yet drugs of plant origin still account for a respectable percentage of doctors’ prescriptions, and for a number of reasons, research interest in natural pharmaceuticals is again on the upswing.”
The Evolution of Botanical Medicine
In this special recording, we speak with an expert in European Biological Medicine, Jackie Bell (best known for her pioneering work in natural breast health), and explore the development and evolution of advanced botanical medicines that now allow for more effective, concentrated, purified, and bioavailable botanical medicines, and their use in clinical practice.
- The significance of local plants, biorhythms, and biodynamic farming in medicine
- The link between celestial cycles and circadian biology
- Native American principles and approaches to botanical medicine
- The importance of the “immeasurable” quality of plant-based medicines and how this translates to therapeutic effectiveness
- Spagyric medicine as advanced and multi-faceted botanical medicine
- Much more
Resources from this Video:
- Jackie Bell Natural Health
- Matthew Wood(books & classes)
- ‘Alchemical Medicine for the 21st Century: Spagyrics for Detox, Healing, and Longevity’ by Clare Goodrick-Clarke
- ‘Spagyrics: The Alchemical Preparation of Medicinal Essences, Tinctures, and Elixirs’ by Manfred M. Junius
Guest Speakers: Jackie Bell, Jackie Bell Natural Health
recorded date: April 21, 2015
Enjoy what you read?
Subscribe for more – you’ll always be in the (health) loop.