Oligo elements are bio-available forms of trace minerals that are rapidly absorbed sublingually for therapeutic support, supplementing the necessary minerals for enzymatic functions. These bio-available elements work by normalizing enzyme and hormonal functions in order to regulate homeostasis of the body.
Oligos in Greek means “a very tiny quantity”. Oligo-elements, or trace elements, are very minute doses of minerals. Most minerals come from metals, except for calcium, fluoride, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, and sulphur which are metalloids (non-metallic).
Oligotherapy is a method of providing the body with the ions it cannot synthesize and which are indispensable for cellular enzymatic functions. This functional therapeutic modality requires the use of trace elements in precisely measured, small doses in a highly bioavailable form. These trace elements are co-factors in a multitude of biochemical reactions where they accelerate the speed of these reactions without ever modifying the important equilibrium that exists and that must reign within the body to maintain optimum health.
Gabriel Bertrand, a French chemist and biologist, first identified these enzymatic cofactors approximately 100 years ago and named them “oligo” elements. Later, French physician Dr. Jacques Menetrier demonstrated that oligo elements could be used in the treatment of biochemical dysfunctions. Oligotherapy is widely recognized throughout Europe as a powerful modality for treating a multitude of diseases, some of which include bacterial infections, cardiovascular disease, respiratory infections, circulatory disorders and neurological conditions.
SCROLL OVER TO SEE COMPLETE THERAPEUTIC INDEX
Benefits of Oligotherapy
Clinical experience has shown that oligotherapy may be used to improve wellbeing, and that the benefits include:
- Serve as biological catalysts that activates metabolism and enzymatic function at the cellular level
- Provides essential nutrition to stop free radical activity which destroys bodily tissue
- Enhances the movement of ions into and out of the cells
- Removes heavy metals and reduces toxicity in connective tissue
- Normalizes enzyme and hormonal functions in order to regulate homeostasis of the body
- Supports coagulation of the blood, rhythmic functions of the heart and intestines, e.g. calcium
- Regulates the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system, e.g. cobalt
- Controls membrane permeability, muscular contraction, nerve impulse condition and regulation of protein synthesis, e.g. magnesium
Please note: We are not the manufacturer or distributor of any oligotherapy products. This is simply information about this therapy.
Disclaimer: All information provided on this site is not expressed as medical advice. It is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or replace conventional medical treatment.