About Ozone Therapy
Ozone therapy is an oxidative modality and an effective therapeutic method that helps increase oxygenation, detoxification and immune stimulation. Ozone is a blue colored form of oxygen, and unlike regular oxygen, is composed of three oxygen atoms instead of two. It is the addition of the third oxygen atom that makes ozone “supercharged” oxygen, and gives it all of its remarkable medical properties.
You may know of the presence of ozone as a natural component in our environment (think the smell after a lightning storm). What most don’t know is that ozone is a powerful oxidizer and potentiator of human physiology that stimulates all sorts of physiological activity. Ozone therapy works by increasing oxygen utilization which in turn assists with organ function, hormonal regulation, anti-aging, digestion, elimination, reproduction, memory and many other functions.
The use of ozone to treat various medical conditions was first developed in Germany in the early 1950’s.
The use of ozone in medicine from a holistic understanding is based on the fact that toxins and pathogens in the body are normally burnt up by the process of oxidation. Oxidation breaks the toxins down into carbon dioxide and water, and eliminates them from the body. However, if the body is weak or deficient in oxygen, it cannot eliminate toxins adequately and a toxic reaction can occur. In minor cases, a toxic buildup can lead to fatigue, and a wide range of diseases can result when poor oxygenation is chronic.
Today, medical ozone therapy is common throughout European medical clinics, and its use has gradually been spreading in America over the last 25 years. This biological therapy is often administered for all infectious diseases as well as chronic conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, dementia, fibromyalgia, heart disease, and many more.
SCROLL OVER TO SEE COMPLETE THERAPEUTIC INDEX
Benefits of Ozone Therapy
Clinical experience has shown that ozone therapy may be used for a number of conditions and issues, and that the benefits include:
- Inactivation of bacteria, viruses and fungi
- Enhancement of circulation
- Stimulation of enzymatic activity and oxygen metabolism
- Acceleration of glycolysis in red blood cells
- Increase of tissue oxygenation
- Increasing the release of O2 from hemoglobin in the blood to tissue
- Enhancement of formation of acetyl CoA (vital for detoxification)
- Increase of red blood cells pliability, blood fluidity, and arterial pO2
- Stimulation of the reticulo-endothelial systems, thus rebuilding tissue
- Activation of the enzymes involved in peroxide or free radical destruction
- Disruption of the lipid cell membranes of anaerobic pathogens and weak or defective cells
Please note: We are not the manufacturer or distributor of any ozone therapy equipment, machinery, or accessories.
Disclaimer: All information provided on this site is not expressed as medical advice. It is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or replace conventional medical treatment.