Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. Yet by age 20, we have already begun to lose the collagen in our skin; and the rate of loss only gets worse with age. So how can we use diet, supplementation, and lifestyle to reverse this trend?
Our guest today is a doctor of pharmacy and clinical researcher whose new book focuses on the overlooked role of collagen and the amino acid glycine for optimal health, longevity, and vitality.
This is the Story of the Collagen Cure with Dr. James DiNcolantonio.
So the main building blocks of collagen are glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline. Those three amino acids are lacking in the diet and they make up about 50% of our collagen content. So by taking a collagen supplement, you are also giving yourself the building blocks that are literally needed to form collagen.– Dr. James DiNicolantonio
- Are We All Collagen Deficient?
- Which Foods Are the Most Collagenous?
- Beyond Skin: The Role of Collagen in the Body
- How to Find a Quality Collagen Supplement
- Activities to Promote Collagen Synthesis
- Is Supplementation Necessary for Good Health?
- Hacks to Increase Collagen Production
- How Safe Are Collagen Injections?
- Collagen, Coffee, and Exercise: Top Tips for Collagen Synthesis
- Bloodflow, Heart Health, and Collagen Consumption
Connect with Dr. DiNicolantonio
Disclaimer: Transcripts are prepared by a transcription service. Refer to full video above for exact wording.
See how we can help you restore complete health of body, mind & spirit.
Join our mailing list and receive exclusive offers + information!