How Ho’oponopono Works
How does Ho’oponopono work? Morrnah Nalamaku, the founder explains,
“We are the sum total of our experiences, which is to say that we are burdened by our pasts. When we experience stress or fear in our lives, if we would look carefully, we would find that the cause is actually a memory. It is the emotions which are tied to these memories which affect us now. The subconscious associates an action or person in the present with something that happened in the past. When this occurs, emotions are activated and stress is produced (…) The main purpose of this process is to discover the Divinity within oneself. Ho’oponopono is a profound gift which allows one to develop a working relationship with the Divinity within and learn to ask that in each moment, our errors in thought, word, deed or action be cleansed. The process is essentially about freedom, complete freedom from the past.”
Ho’oponopono helps one to take responsibility, and provides the following insights:
- The physical universe is an actualization of my thoughts
- If my thoughts are cancerous, they create a cancerous physical reality
- If my thoughts are perfect, they create a physical reality brimming with LOVE
- I am 100% responsible for creating my physical universe the way it is
- I am 100% responsible for correcting the cancerous thoughts that create a diseased reality
- There is no such thing as out there. Everything exists as thoughts in my mind.
- Being 100% responsible for actualizing a problem allows the practitioner/patient to be 100% responsible for resolving the problem.
Ho’oponopono consists of four phrases:
- “I am sorry.”
- “Please forgive me.”
- “I love you.”
- “Thank you.”
Through repetition of these phrases while holding a negative thought, emotion, or experience in the mind, a cleansing of certain memory programs occurs. Ho’oponopono teachers call this practice “cleaning,” in which a patient or practitioner cleanses their negative feelings and emotions to erase from their memory or consciousness the negative cycle that is detrimental to optimal healing. The repetition of these phrases is an expression that one no longer wishes to suffer from a current or past problem.
See how we can help you restore complete health of body, mind & spirit.
Join our mailing list and receive exclusive offers + information!